Onsite Delivery Specialist Umeå
About the job:
You will join the onsite team as an Application Operation Specialist IT in Umeå. Quality and continuous improvements out of a LEAN perspective will be essential in this position. In your daily work you will primary work with daily operations including continuous improvement and preventive maintenance of the IT equipment and applications used in production at the local Volvo Plant. Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to participate in industrial projects meeting driven by local business or/and Group IT. Customer success is always in our mind.
Some of the activities you will be working with are:
- Time critical support of factory applications and equipment
- Preventive maintenance and continuous improvement
- Quality work, VPS (QRIT)
- Responsible for 2:nd line support
- Configuration and installation of equipment and applications
- Support and problem solving of factory equipment and applications
- Project implementations into runtime
- Process roles as Change implementer
We expect you to have a degree from university studies and a couple of years of experience working in a technical support job or similar role. You have good knowledge of LEAN and previous experience from working with customer contacts. Your solid knowledge of ITIL processes, support tools such as Remedy, Snow or similar, as well as infrastructure components like LAN, Server storage and Cloud will give you the necessary foundation to deliver good results. In addition you are interested in new technologies and to further develop yourself and others.
Qualifications / requirements for the job:
- Relevant university degree
- 2-3 years of experience from working with technical support or similar role
- 2-3 years of experience from IT within manufacturing industry
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN communications (TCP/IP)
- Documented experience from working in customer contacts
- Experience from LEAN and working with continuous improvements
- Good communication skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge about Office 365
- Driving license
- Demonstrated customer focus and dedicated to add value to the customer
- Excellent team-player that collaborates well with others and builds good relationships
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Action oriented - pursues tasks with energy, takes own initiatives, drives and has the need to finish
- Strong analytical skills - ability to anticipate, identify and solve problems also in complex, difficult or stressful situations
- Change oriented - actively suggests improvements, manage, supports and drives change with an open and innovative mindset
- Acts with a strong sense of urgency
- Structured and organized with good handling (administration) of documentation as needed
- AD knowledge
- Infrastructure knowledge
- Experience from working in projects
- Knowledge about IT equipment in factory environment
- Experience of project implementations in runtime.
- Certification in some infrastructure area, LAN, WIN server etc.
- Knowledge about PLC equipment in factory environment
- Experience about working in ITIL processes
- Knowledge about LEAN (and VPS)
- Leadership skills
- Daytime or scheduled time, 2 shift Monday- Friday
- Available for overtime if needed
- Available for On Call
Start date: as soon as possible
For further information:
Anders Gustafsson, Line Manager +46 908627489
Maria Börjesson, HRBP +46 31 3221030
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.