Purchasing Project Manager
Purchasing Project Manager (PM level 4)
You will be a member of the team of purchasing project managers and your main task is to be a spokesperson for purchasing in assigned product development projects, tender projects, and/or product maintenance projects. Working in a cross functional setting, you will contribute to the overall project deliveries and profitability of the company by obtaining the purchasing requirements.
The scope and the size of the projects vary from quality and cost improvement projects to larger development of completely bus. Global purchasing is working in a truly global environment with cross border solutions, process applications, and product commonality with opportunities to influence the future.
The Purchasing Project Manager reports to the Purchasing Director Projects and Platform Europe within Volvo Bus Purchasing.
- Be the purchasing representative in the project team and the project representative within the purchasing community
- Plan, drive, follow up and report purchasing deliverables according to Volvo’s Global Development Process (DVP). Pro-actively plan activities to meet the demands in due time
- Steer the purchasing project activities through active leadership and communication towards stakeholders in purchasing and other functions
- Highlight purchasing demands on other functions in the project plan, in order to safeguard the project deliverables
- Prepare and present project status in purchasing reference groups and other forums
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and global alignment of processes and procedures
- Coordinate the project follow-up for non-assigned Purchasing PM
- KPI/PI follow-up, and regular update of PPM team place
- University degree in Engineering or Business/Economics, MSc/MBA or equal
- 5 years of purchasing and/or commercial experience
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong ability to drive change within an international environment
- Target/result oriented approach, good interpersonal skills and project mindset, as well as openness towards working in a multi-cultural environment are required
- Business, financial & cost management approach
- Experience from automotive purchasing
- Managerial/leadership experience
- Experience from working with the Volvo systems and processes, especially the Global Development Process (GDP/DVP)
Starting date: According to agreement
For further information please contact:
Björn Larsson, Purchasing Director Projects and Platform, Tel: +46 31 323 59 09
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.