Member Development Director-West
To provide the highest quality member lease & rental network within the assigned region to enhance customer satisfaction and in turn superior market penetration. Is the main channel for communication and the relationship between the Company and its’ member network. This position also provides team building in the field organization between both Volvo and Mack brands. Will serve as the voice of Senior Management in the field to the Member body. Manages member issues; both business and legal, to allow the Regional Vice Presidents to focus on truck sales and marketing rather than non-sales related Member issues.
- Primary liaison between Dealer Principal/Owner, Member Lease Management, and Company.
- Strengthen positive relationship between Member and Company.
- Execute North American membership action plans to meet minimum member operating standards.
- Work with Members and field team to assist in positioning Mack Leasing and Volvo Truck Leasing to corporate targets of 1st and 2nd position in OEM Leasing Networks.
- Analyze Dealer financial data and proactively work with both Dealer and Company to ensure positive Member financial results.
- Execute Member business planning process, coordinating with all field personnel as necessary.
- Work with Members and field team to create and execute action plans to bring Member Financial Composite results to corporate target levels.
- Provide Members with “Best in Class” practices to improve lease, rental, and contract maintenance customer service and financial results.
- Proactively improve member network through improvement of existing network and/or replacement of non-performing members.
- Eliminate or minimize Company exposure where possible in all legal and financial matters as primary Member contact.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to see the “big picture” and synthesize multiple sources of data to identify new opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Understand and meet the needs of customers and address the interests and concerns of all organizational stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Work across the organization and externally to achieve results and identify new opportunities.
- Managing Diversity: Respect others and act as a role model for diversity and inclusive behaviors; being fair and trustworthy.
- Execution: Focus clearly on execution by initiating action through clearly defined objectives and driving to completion.
- Developing direct reports and others: Make time for direct reports and others to set clear directions, provide guidance, coach and support their development.
- Courage & Integrity: Courage to challenge the status quo and experiment without fear of failure.
- Process, Optimization and Change Management
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Change Facilitation
- Accurate Self-Assessment
- Negotiation Skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of twelve years’ experience in automotive or other manufacturing industry with some combination of leasing/rental, service/repair and sales/marketing experience in the dealer/distribution channel.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in lease/rental operations and support.
- Demonstrated leadership experience building and managing high performance teams.
- Must be able to travel for business needs (up to 75%)
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.