Vice President and Head of Volvo Group Venture Capital
We are looking for an extraordinary individual who has the drive, skills and passion to lead our corporate venture capital company.
The role of Volvo Group Venture Capital is to make investments in innovative companies at the forefront of service orientation and product differentiation and to support collaboration between portfolio companies and the Volvo Group. Focus is on areas with disruptive innovation resulting in new solutions improving the profitability of our customers and enabling new business opportunities for the Volvo Group.
Volvo Group Venture Capital is part of Volvo Group Connected Solutions and as VP and Head of Volvo Group Venture Capital you report to SVP Volvo Group Connected Solutions and lead a small team of 6 highly dedicated, hands-on professionals, who share the passion for business, our customers and the desire to make a difference. Volvo Group Venture Capital investment decisions are governed by a company board. The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Regular travel is expected.
- Synthetize technology and business model trends into actionable insights for the Volvo Group
- Drive deal flow and analysis in focus investment areas. This activity requires external networking and driving cross-functional evaluation within the Volvo Group
- Design investment strategies and make investments
- Develop new business – together with the team and Volvo Group colleagues the task is to manage value creation between the Volvo Group and our portfolio companies
- Develop the team and lead the day to day business
- Be a member of Volvo Group Connected Solutions leadership team. Involvement in strategy, business development and other initiatives
- Develop Business. You have an interest in the intersection between technology, transportation and new business
- Fact-based and structured analysis. We expect strong, structured problem solving skills and the ability to frame and develop an approach to solve strategic or operational issues
- Making investments. You are experienced in financial analysis and in preparing investment proposals
- Inspire & Communicate. You are a social person with strong relationship capabilities. To build trust, you listen and learn, yet communicate clear direction when appropriate. A network- and trust based leadership style is a prerequisite to succeed in this business
- Commercial Vehicle Industry Understanding. You must be able to quickly assess the opportunities and challenges facing the industry in general and Volvo Group in particular
- Software-based Business Model Understanding. Our investment strategy revolves around new opportunities arising from the convergence of software technology with the transportation industry
We offer an entrepreneurial role with real impact possibilities in a global corporate environment– a great opportunity if you have a passion for business, technology and people!
Follow this link to apply: https://www.maquire.se/lediga-jobb?jobid=69031
For questions please contact
Maquire Consultants Anna Åkesson + 46 763 388796 or Christina Fredriksson +46 702 7151 40
Connected Solutions is a global organization that develops and delivers the Volvo Group’s connected solutions. Connected Solutions provide an arena for new service innovation together with customers, partners and all the Business Areas within the Volvo Group. By supporting our customers to improve their business we enable new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. Our way of working shortens time to market for connected services and solutions. We work close to our customers and understand their challenges. We deliver high quality with speed, through our capability to explore, implement and scale up.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.