Co-op: Graphic Design (Fall 2019)
The co-op role provides a student with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skill development in a professional environment through the creation and support of real marketing and social media campaigns supported by video assets. Support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study and give them agency exposure. The co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Sales by working on important and innovative projects. co-op are structured learning experiences where coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets
We are seeking a Graphic Design / Video Editing student who will be responsible for creating visuals for both print and digital media supporting various departments within Mack Trucks Lehigh Valley Operations. The role will also be required to support photography and video projects.
Essential Skills and Required Experience
Skills and Responsibilities
- Understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- Creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Design degree at an accredited school and have completed at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, proficient in Adobe Create Suite mainly InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing in Adobe Premier
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.