Effective communication with the Workshop Controller and CSR’s to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget prior to work commencing. Ensuring that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the Genuine Volvo Service process.
Maximising the shifts performance through effective problem solving, coaching & development
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To ensure that you and your team are following the Genuine Volvo Service Process Maps
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets (VST times) per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets (VST times) and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours)
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets (VST times)
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Specify repair solutions to facilitate the production of quotes / works orders using chassis-specific IMPACT job content / packages (VST / parts)
- Specify repair solutions for defects / minor defects found during service or other planned work
- Ensure Volvo time recording procedures are complied with including correct use of X codes as per productivity policy
- Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
- Check that all work is supported by formal customer authorisation prior to starting
- Ensure the shift team work to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Be responsible for the Workshop environment, Volvo Special tools & equipment used during the shift & report any deficiencies
- Significant experience of working as a technician within the motor vehicle industry
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
- The application of Volvo Standard Times Knowledge of workshop KPI’s
- An in-depth understanding of the Genuine Volvo Service Process stages relevant to the role
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
- Volvo technical product knowledge
- The Volvo Total Offer Wheel and the products contained within it
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome
- To be able to understand & analyse technical issues & propose appropriate solutions
- To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel
- To be able to operate GDS and Impact systems, specific to the GVS process stages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Values and Attitudes
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities.
- To be able to remain level headed in a fast paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to managing workshop
- Team Orientated
Volvo Group UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.