Product Quality Assurer
Product Quality Assurer
The Product Quality Assurer responsibility is to support that E&EE products are developed and delivered with quality through quality assurance processes, methods and tools application at every step of the product development.
Support the E&EE organization that product quality risks are identified during proactive product quality activities in the early phases to minimize the number of failures in the late phases.
- Product Quality Assurer (PQA) is appointed to a project. In some cases we also appoint a local PQA for a detailed technical area supporting a main project PQA.
- The PQA supports the Electrical and Electronics Project Manager (EEPM) and Product Owners in planning, execution and follow up all product quality assurance activities to reach the right product quality.
- Create a Quality Task Plan (QTP) toghether with the Product Owners to be anchored with the EEPM and the Site Quality Manager and secure it's maintained. The QTP shall be based on the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) done by the Project Manager Quality (PMQ).
- Support Product Owners and Project Managers for product quality tool usage and process knowledge.
- Product Quality assurance tools and methods expert in the E&EE organization.
- Report status of the E&EE QTP execution and highlight deviations to the EEPM and the Site Quality Manager. Minimum before each gate.
- Deviation, delays shall be raised in project meetings and the E&EE Project PULS.
- Review failure report handling and progress to secure the project reach the expected failure report level at RG and SOP.
- Support lessons learn activities promote the usage of A3, DVG/CoP, LL …
- Facilitate Quality tools activites on request from product owners.
- Support the Product Owners to escalate cross-functional product quality issues to EEPM.
- Support the Product Owners to take into account the quality history (QJs, failure reports, lessons learn, fault frequency, CoP/DVG, …) of their products in the early project phases.
- Support quality audits performed in the project.
- Highlight process issues related to product quality to the Process Manager/Process Office and review and give feedback on proposed changes.
- Share quality issues, best practice and knowledge inside E&EE in the PQA network team and with others commodities.
- Be the E&EE Key contact on Site for defined methods and tools.
- Secure local deployment and educations for defined methods and tools.
- Drive process and way of working improvements inside E&EE and in a X-commodity/business area.
- Support the engineers to prepare the B/C/P release checklist approval/Blue OK from a product quality perspective.
- Highlight and escalate product quality & safety issues or potential issues.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent (mechanical…).
- Experience of working within product development in the areas of EE system, functional and SW development.
- Experience from working with Product Quality & Safety Management methods and tools for both SW and HW.
- Fluent in English.
- High business and customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good social and networking skills.
- Automotive industry knowledge, preferable truck industry knowledge.
- The PQA is reporting to Site Quality Manager from a line function perspective and to the EEPM from a project perspective or to the main PQA depending on the organization of the project.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.