Co-op: IT- Human Resources (Fall 2019)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Human Resources department with assignments specific to Human Resources’ Benefits Kiosk.
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with Human Resources and IT professionals. Co-ops participate in professional activities for the Lehigh Valley Operations plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This co-op provides structured learning experiences where co-op and our Human Resource professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
- Creative assignments to support local and global business objectives
- Active participation in Human Resources collaborations to facilitate the kiosk implementation
- Assist HR Business Partners in implementation of internal process updates onto a Kiosk
- Development of Access Databases
- Participate in training and development to support project team deliverables
- Learn the processes, ways of working, and environment involved implementation of produce projects for a global company
- Essential Skills & Experience
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Action oriented
- Problem solver
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science, or similar field of study, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.