Product Manager SDLG
The Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, tactics and programs to create awareness, drive demand and facilitate dealers sales organizations to sell SDLG Equipment in North America.
- Build Product and Industry knowledge/competence via customer visits, tradeshows/exhibitions and competitor data
- Lead product specific product planning meetings and provide guidance for regional product position, competitor status, changes and strategies needed to advance market position
- Own "Top 20" list of requests for relevant R&D group representing needs of North American Market
- Be the Product Specialist for designated machines and related options
- Decision authority on behalf of NA Region for product development, engineering priorities for assigned products
- Monitor and understand the market (share, segments, pricing, threats and opportunities)
- Support new product marketing launch plan
- Competitor expert: Be involved in global competitive product tests, monitor trade and competitor sites for updates and develop competitive update reports for the Region
- Be the Voice of the Customer for product and global marketing counterparts
- Assist in decisions for regional commitments on new products
- Support activities to include; Train the Trainer, Customer Clinics, Volvo Days, Trade Shows and Global Channel Competence Development projects
- Interface with Volvo Dealer Product Specialists to ensure continuous development, providing coaching and training expertise
- Strong understanding of construction equipment distribution practices, product and customer applications
- Working knowledge of relevant mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in the construction equipment or heavy equipment industry with understanding of equipment types, segments and applications
- Well Developed Business and Customer Support skills
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.