- Determining vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units
- Verifying vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complying with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications
- Maintaining vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- A diesel mechanic with Buses, Heavy Duty Trucks or Automotive experience.
- Air conditioning and electrical experience.
- Must be able to prioritize maintenance scheduling and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have own tools.
- Able to read, understand, & apply information from manuals & computer including troubleshooting documents.
- Diagnostic skills/experience & attention to detail a must
- Dependable, responsible team player with a positive attitude
- ASE Truck Certification a PLUS
- Have a clean DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) record
- Must be able to pass drug and background investigations checks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ASE Truck Certification highly desired.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.