Aftermarket Requirement Engineer
Aftermarket Requirement Engineer
Group Trucks Technology
Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Aftermarket Technology provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.
Service Engineering & Information Management’s mission is to provide optimized service and repair solutions to maximize uptime and create competitive advantage in the aftermarket business. We achieve this by:
- Building, supporting and validating requirements for optimized serviceability
- Delivering preventive & corrective service information and support documentation together with standard times and special tools at the right quality, time and cost
- Actively developing ourselves to secure the necessary competencies and expertise, including new technologies
- The requirement engineering activity is to co-develop and engineer, together with all other GTT entities, complete solutions (trucks and components) in terms of uptime, repair and maintenance cost
- The requirement engineer has a strong connection with the Maintainability feature leader by making common feature status, and take over this responsibility in some projects
- Understand targets from project prerequisites
- Translate requirements into measurable objectives. Write and follow-up those in requirement management tool
- Verify and validate concepts and solutions from maintainability perspective (mainly virtually from CAD data)
- Perform virtual simulation and analysis of maintenance operations
- Participate to competitor benchmarks
- Capture the experience during the project and handover to Service engineers who is in charge of repair methods
- Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics/Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus
- Maintainability, Customer and End-user knowledge is a plus
- Good knowledge about verification methods and tools in his/her area of expertise
- Product (Transport Solution) knowledge
- Competitor product knowledge is a plus
- Standard Time (ST) and its impact on warranty, dealer and customer is a plus
- Workshop knowledge is a plus
- Aftermarket support in dealer systems (IMPACT, Optidoc) is a plus
- PDM tools such as KOLA, CAD tools suites, EDB, Protus
- Knowledge of requirement engineering related processes in Develop Product & Aftermarket Portfolio (DVP) and associated tool. e.g Requirement Management tools (DIM-RM) is a plus
- Perseverance, priority settings and drive for result
- Learning on the fly, and self-development
- Synthesis, communication
- Team working, networking skills
- Highly interested and willing to develop new technologies to support new working techniques
- Fluent in English language
- Good skills in engineering virtual/simulation
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.