The purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate payment processes for all accounts payable expenses, as well as to contribute to good vendor relations.
- Obtain and verify documentation to process payment for accounts payable
- Verify incoming A/P batches for accuracy
- Perform required data entry functions processing A/P
- Print and distribute A/P checks on timely basis
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied to payment processes
- Perform research and problem solving for vendor account reconciliation
- Provide reporting to upper management as required
- Safeguard physical supply of checks, restricting access
- Keep A/P records on file for easy access by accounting department
- Shred voided checks
- File forms 1099 at year end
- Set up and maintain all vendor records including scanning Forms W-9, this helps with accuracy of Form 1099
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback nondefensively.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Proficient in Accounts Payable system on AS400 system
- Knowledge of General Ledger system on AS400 system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High School diploma / G.E.D.
- 1 – 3 years accounts payable experience
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. Since 1950, Arrow has built a solid reputation in the trucking industry by providing high-quality, pre-owned vehicles to customers who want to maximize the value of their purchasing dollars. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.