Senior System Design Engineer
The Vehicle Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.
The Value Truck Telematics is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
As a Senior System Design Engineer you will gain a good understanding of complete System knowledge of On-board Telematics and detail the logical design of End to End functions, with a good understanding of project scope and delivery timelines, while working in a global environment
- Detailing logical design of End to End functions, with FRS and Technical Report as input, in accordance with Global Vehicle Connectivity modeling rules
- Develop the collaboration model including scenarios and message sequence charts for relevant E2E functions
- Ensure all requirements in the FRS that are in the agreed scope of the project are met in the logical design model.
- Identify and document necessary concept development activities and deliverables in a concept development plan.
- Support the PM with estimation input and concept developments.
- Ensuring that the system development is performed according to defined system development processes and methods.
- Regularly communicate progress, problems, risks and open issues to necessary stakeholders.
- Develop balanced concept alternatives based on input requirements, aligned with technology, platform/system strategies/roadmap, and TD results.
- Recommend and anchor a proposed concept that is aligned with Vehicle Connectivity/E2E platform committees, SCRB and concept team.
- Support responsible SW and HW developers to be able to deliver requested functionality
- Participate in development tuning to ensure expected functionality
- Monitor integration work to ensure functionality in test rig and act as an interface for verification team to review test cases
- Frequently and pro-actively report progress, need for support, and risk for delays or other problems to closest project leader and line manager
- Support project team with concept issues after CG.
WHO ARE YOU?
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication/Instrumentation engineering with 5-7 years of experience in embedded software development /functional development / diagnostics area.
- Over-all good knowledge of system development and system verification in automotive or similar domain along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of SE-Tool (For internal candidates only) or System Weaver Tool
- Knowledge of the complete telematics system and E2E functionality
- Basic Knowledge in Platform Management
- Knowledge in Functional Development
- Pro-active and ability to drive work forward.
- Good knowledge in Systems engineering
- Good automotive domain knowledge around Microcontrollers, CAN Protocol, Serial Communication, etc.,
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Genuine interest in Telematics for Automotive domain
- Proficiency in Microcontrollers e.g: C167 controller and its variants
- Experienced in working with AGILE.
- Someone who enjoys working in a Global Organization with cross functional interaction
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Gopinath K, Group Manager, Integration and Verification.
Sonia Soares Almeida, HR Business Partner
We want your application before 2019-06-10
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.