Supplier Quality Engineer – Advanced Quality Planning
SQ&D is a global organization within GTP responsible to drive the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards. It is also responsible to secure the manufacturing capabilities and capacity of the supplier base, to quality assure the purchased parts and to continuously improve the quality and cost performance of the supplier base.
As Supplier Quality Engineer - Advanced Quality Planning, you are responsible to drive and manage performance of your suppliers from QDCF-TSR stand point. You will lead a group of suppliers in your area of scope, and secure they improve their performances; you would also be responsible to bring improvement in the current supply chain process thus creating value for the customer.
Reporting To SQ&D Manager – Cab & EE.
Performing activities with the purpose to quality assure purchased items and the related production processes to projects in order to minimize supplier related quality failures at Volvo plant and at end-customers.
- Participating in cross functional sourcing team and contributing with facts, emphasizing critical manufacturing processes
- Evaluating the need for, executing and ordering different audits to assess risks at potential suppliers. Performing Process Audit at suppliers and driving supplier to close the gaps
- Reviewing and identifying suppliers’ risks and mitigation plans both during sourcing or project development. Assure actions are taken to close identified gaps
- Participate in cross functional deep review of technical information with suppliers
- Safeguarding that his/her suppliers are performing APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) for purchased parts in his/her scope
- Managing and reviewing APQP and PPAP deliverables, Approving or Rejecting PPAPs submitted by Volvo suppliers
- Participating in SIPD (Supplier Involvement in Product Development) activities for the chosen suppliers
- Informing and educating suppliers in the Volvo requirements as defined in the Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM)
- Keeping all part quality information accurate and updated in Global Purchasing System
- Reviewing critical characteristics, documentation, requirements and procedures at supplier
- Initiating and following up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- 5 or more years of experience in Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Quality or Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing processes. Preferred in interior and exterior plastics such as: Injection molding, vacuum forming, SMC or RIM
- Strong problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking skills
- Strong continuous improvement and zero defect mentality
- Wide experience in APQP and PPAP
- Preventive mindset but also leadership when it comes to solve problems or to take decision
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and strong project management skills
- University degree in Engineering/technology
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationship
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.