Carrier Management Specialist
This is an incredible opportunity to join a highly energetic team that works with innovation, creativity, and Lean activities in the automotive supply chain. The function Supplier (Carrier) Management reports to the Transport Parts manager and is responsible for securing the quality level of bought services and implemented transport set-ups, covering the scope of Transport Parts Operations in North America. Our transport systems and bought services are under continuous review to ensure that we provide our customers with the most cost-effective and environmentally conscious logistic solutions possible.
Scope and Influence
As as Carrier Management Specialist, you have the authority and are expected to :
Drive team actions to secure high operational performance and process development.
Make operational decisions based on sound judgment and cost consciences to deliver agreed service level to customer.
Use Lean principles to develop and implement solutions to promptly address KPI falling below prescribed alarm & target levels.
Contribute continuous improvement of Transport Parts processes to support end to end supply chain development.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Ensure carrier performance is compliant to our contracts and agreements, by identifying, analyzing and acting (internaly and externally) on structural carrier deviations using Lean problem solving methods. Set, agree and communicate goals, standards and performance expectations in an open, straightforward and easily understandable way.
- Monitor the day to day booking, pickup, transport, and delivery of parts through the use of manual transport management systems. Results shall be monitored against set objectives and improved to ensure continued customer success. A preventative and proactive approach shall always be applied.
- Focus on quality excellence which is achieved by describing, working according to, and continuously improving our processes. Continuously evaluate processes and take actions to ensure they are effective and efficient.
- Continuously listen to our customers and stakeholders in order to understand their needs, and promptly implement sustainable improvements in our operations based on these needs.
- Order extra capacity when agreed lead time or capacity cannot be met.
- Carry after-hours cell phone and perform after-hours duties as necessary.
- Secure capacity and holiday planning. Actively collect information about planned (National Holidays) and unplanned (crisis, strike, etc.) disturbances withing the transport system. Proactively analyze the consequences and take measures to avoid or limit the consequences, and provide fact based communication to the stakeholders.
- Support the Purchasing organization during the tender process with carrier performance status, data and advice and by participation in the tender meetings, enabling selection of future transporters
- Support during implementation of tender outcome by securing close follow up of the carrier performance directly from the start
- Service level agreed in SOP and contracts.
- ATLAS and Transporeon performance (event status entry compliance).
- Pickup and delivery precision KPI’s.
- Filling degree.
- Deviation reporting and deviation handling according to agreed service level.
- Administrative and information quality according to agreed service level.
- Continuous improvement that is measured through Transport mode freight cost.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Demonstrated Microsoft Suite skills with proficiency in Excel is required. Oracle based systems and technical skills with strong ability to learn on the fly.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS: Ability to gather all relevant information for decision making and business development on a fact based approach. Ability to identify and solve problems / bottlenecks through root cause analysis and Lean principles.
- CONCEPTUAL THINKING: Ability to understand the big picture (end to end supply chain), analyze and explain.
- TEAMWORK / COLLABORATION: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve common goals and outcomes. You support performance of Transport Parts through VPS principles.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Understand where we create customer value. Drive tasks to solve issues and provide correct solution in right time for customers. Anticipate customer’s needs and deliver a service that exceeds their expectations.
- OWNERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY: Self-motivated in taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results. High energy and commitment to prioritize, drive and produce results, quickly
- INTERPERSONAL INFLUENCE: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units, and cultures function and react.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- SAFETY PRACTICES: Acting as necessary with safe operations as a central focus and striving to create a safe work environment.
- LANGUAGE: Fluency in English, as the majority of business is conducted in English. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- BS degree in Logistics or Business preferred or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years logistics and/or warehouse facilities experience required, 3+ years preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean experience required; certification preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Lean process development, implementation and improvement across multiple functions/teams
- Knowledgeable in Transport industry laws
- Driver and rest regulations, Measurement and weight restrictions, Hazardous Goods declarations, Safety regulations, Environment restrictions
- Knowledgeable in Mode of transports
- Road FTL, Road LTL, Road Express, Short Sea, Deep Sea, Air, Rail
- Knowledgeable in customs rules and regulations
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.