Rubber & Fluid transfer Commodity Buyer
- Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL... )
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Ownership / Accountability
- Positive mindset
- Structured way of working
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driving and autonomy
- Problem solving
- Strategic thinking
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong and trustful relations with suppliers
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to go out on the field
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
- Ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.