Operational Control Analyst
VFS has invested significant time and resources building a good operational control standard to ensure operational excellence and compliance of the VFS organization. It is important for the organization’s future success that this control environment continues to be maintained and continuously enhanced.
The Operational Control Department supports Volvo Financial Services (VFS) Mission of being the “Best Captive in Industry” by ensuring operational stability and excellence throughout the business. The department provides comprehensive business control reviews, assurance activities, consulting support, fraud risk management and training services designed to add value, reduce operating risks and improve the organization’s operational performance.
The wide ranging and global activities provide also a unique environment for learning and both personal and professional development.
The main responsibility of this role is to undertake operational control activities in the following areas: VFS operational (retail and wholesale) and finance processes, legal and regulatory compliance, VFS Digital Solutions & IT, and Volvo Group Internal Control standards, with the purpose of ensuring that the VFS organization has an effective system of (internal) control. Should control/process gaps and/or inefficiencies be identified, the position will be involved in communicating those to the local, regional, as well as Operational Control management, and working on recommendations to remediate and improve the situation. Equally important, this also involves identifying and sharing best business practices across VFS markets and the line organizations.
In addition to the above, the role responsibilities will also include conducting monitoring and assurance activities to ensure that remediated controls are being implemented timely, and once established, operating effectively and as designed.
- Provide assurance to the management that operational and financial reporting controls are working in accordance with VFS internal control framework, and compliant with VFS directives and Volvo Group policies / standards.
- Review processes and prepare the organization for regulatory compliance with the local central bank requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide management with detailed recommendations as how to remediate deficiencies in the most effective manner.
- Conduct specific operational reviews and projects in selected markets and areas of VFS operations.
- Perform review follow ups to ensure control gaps and process/control improvements identified by Operational Control, internal or external auditors, as well as other sources have been fully remediated and operate effectively.
- Administer and maintain the deficiency database for the region to ensure visibility of control gaps to different stakeholders and their timely resolution.
- Identify, assess and timely report control gaps/deficiencies in the organization to the operational control and line/regional management.
- Support the Operational Control and line management with training on internal control, risk mitigation and assurance activities.
- Support the Operational Control and line management with training on the internal control framework, and training on fraud and corruption risk awareness.
- Support the Operational Control and line management in enhancing the VFS operational control environment and framework.
- University degree in Business Administration or Finance is preferred or any other relevant field.
- Strong working experience in operations (e.g. credit, ops/administration, collections, etc.) and/or accounting & finance.
- Experience in audit, internal control, and/or SOX compliance.
- Equipment finance industry experience is preferred.
- Competencies and skills
- Strong Analytical skills, attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, and work effectively on multiple tasks.
- High integrity.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- An energetic and determined attitude with high learning agility.
- Adaptability and international mindset. Willingness to work with people from different cultures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of any other languages (e.g. Spanish) would be beneficial.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Frequent (international) travel required.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.