Certification and Compliance Engineer
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support regarding emissions and OBD certification and compliance requirements.
- Support activities to obtain approval of changes to existing product offerings associated with emissions related components.
- Support the processing of emissions and OBD data and support preparation of data for submission to the relevant authorities.
- Support interface with regulators (CARB and EPA) when appropriate.
- Domestic travel to EMA conferences and to visit regulators may be required.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- Experience working with the emissions regulating authorities (especially CARB OBD).
- Flexibility: Monitoring a diverse array of internal and external activities, and appropriately prioritizing actions appropriate for each.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with industry representatives to define and secure common interests.
- Communication: Possessing strong oral and written communication skills to inform, persuade, and negotiate. Reviewing lengthy industry and legal documents for issues relevant to the company; summarizing such documents for efficient communication to the organization.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- External Relationships/ Networking: Establishing a presence for the organization with outside interest groups, cultivating relationships with customers and other stakeholders, and gaining support for organizational goals.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience in HD-Diesel Performance, Emissions and Documentation.
- Experience working with Government Regulatory Agencies is a plus.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.