Volvo Group Australia is currently seeking a dynamic Commodity Buyer to join our Indirect, Uptime (Aftermarket) and Adaptation Purchasing team. As Commodity Buyer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) supplier performance by using the purchasing tools and cross functional network.
About the role:
- Contribute to segment strategies and be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Identify innovative solutions to improve availability and customer value of parts, products and services
- Actively contribute to the cross functional work on back order recoveries, including Vehicle Off Road
- Own KPI target fulfilment whilst ensuring the supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to aftermarket parts and financial flows to the supplier
- Execute agreements with suppliers
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Delivery team
- Manage and negotiate product/service change requests
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Accountable for the supplier recommendation in Sourcing Board including business case and agreement management
- Tertiary qualified in Business, Commerce or a relevant Technical area
- Demonstrated work experience as a Commodity Buyer within Indirect and/or Uptime (Aftermarket) Purchasing
- Proven expertise gained in project management, change management, process management and business case development
- Solid understanding of production and supply chain processes
- Experience with cost management and financial analysis
- Strong commercial acumen and total acquisition cost management
- Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to positively influence others
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and multi-cultural communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be a team player
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office suite and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Competitive remuneration package with additional superannuation.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Brand new office with an onsite café and free parking.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.