Data Engineer – Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning
Are we a perfect match?
Working for Volvo Group IT Center of Excellence means breaking new grounds, investigating and exploring ways of working and new techniques.
With us, you have the possibility to specialize within a certain area of interest and you will be an important contributor in making the Volvo Group succeed, meaning you will work and co-operate with stakeholders and peers all over the Volvo Group.
We are already at the forefront when it comes to technology and building future mobility solutions, and we believe having engaged employees is the key to our success. We value flexibility and work life balance, and in return we ask for your commitment in order to make this happen.
Have you heard about the Center of Excellence at Group IT?
We support the Volvo Group Mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions. At the Center of Excellence we aim to contribute to the mission by delivering digital expertise, emerging technology know-how, and best practice and methods. We continually strive to be the trusted partner in the digital transformation of the Volvo Group.
The Center of Excellence is a new unit at Group IT - a large multi-cultural organization with 800+ employees and 150+ contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, France, US, Brazil, USA, and Belgium.
Within the COE there are individual centers of excellence for Emerging Technologies & Architecture, BI & Analytics, SAP, Document Management, Project Management Practice, Consulting & Change Management, Development Practice, as well as the Volvo Group IT Function Cyber Security.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you are a keen problem solver who uses technology to solve complex analytical problems. You have a deep interest in Big Data technologies, Analytics and Data Science. You know how to engineer beautiful code in Python and/or Scala (and Spark) but also can read R and take pride in what you produce.
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools
- Help us to shape the next generation of our products
- Rotate between client project work and internal product development in alignment with your personal development plan
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize and deploy machine learning models
- Work with the domain to set the standards for software engineering practices within the advanced analytics/machine learning engineering domain and support across other advanced analytics disciplines
- Play an active role in leading development team meetings and workshops with clients
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task
- Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- MSc or degree in Computer Science or a relevant subject
- Strong coding skills in Python, experience with other open source or commercial packages for advanced analytics
- Practical experience with machine learning methods, such as Linear Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Deep Learning, etc.
- Experience in object-orientated programming such as C, C++, Java OR Scala
- Deep understanding of good software engineering principles
- Experience of Azure environment for analytics development and operationalization
- Knowledge of technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Experience with a range of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL
We search for passionate people who want to help us make the transportation industry sustainable. We believe you are a teamplayer with excellent communication skills who is strong in building relationships. We continuously strive for improvement and need pragmatic, result oriented, self-going people who live the Volvo Group values.
Interviews are ongoing continuously!
Curious about getting to know more? Contact us on:
For French applicants: Olivier Souvignet, +33 664052623
For Swedish applicants: Gerd Gustafsson, email@example.com
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.