Senior Test Engineer
The Test Engineer supports the Product Verification Management Group and is responsible for assigned tests, analyses, giving recommendations and writing engineering reports. This role will also propose improvements for requirements and test codes. The Test Engineer will develop testing to find weaknesses in design solutions, verify internal and external requirements, and define, lead, coordinate test requests. The main focus will be on performance and software evaluation of powertrain components within test vehicles and delivering test results with good quality on time.
- Plan, prepare, perform and analyze tests
- Coordinate and issue test requests and work orders to laboratory
- Keep test object updated in required systems
- Create, update and follow time plan
- Continuously report to verification leader regarding status
- Deliver correct test results and use correct test measurements
- Issue Protus and engineering reports
- Make recommendations to Verification Leader, Project Manager and Sub-System engineer
- Alert project and line organization on significant deviations
- Participate in risk analysis, FMEA and design decision
- Highlight need for support and resource issues
- Propose and develop test procedures and other process improvements
- Testing primarily occurs while in test vehicles, but can also be in engine durability test cells
- Some travel required
- Issue engineering reports
- Issue PROTUS fault reports
- Issue GHOST requests
- Make priorities between assigned tests, when needed
- Decisions on how to design tests
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or related field required
- Master of Science in engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Knowledge in Powertrain testing
- Knowledge in measurement equipment and methods
- Product knowledge in Powertrain
- Performance applications knowledge preferred
- CDL preferred
- Customer Focused
- Structured in planning and documentation work
- Problem solving/Decision making
- Open minded
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.