VIE - Supply Chain Project Manager H/F
You are eager to learn about Supply Chain by investing yourself in a multicultural and dynamic team?
You feel naturally comfortable in an international workspace, you dream also about interacting with Swedish, American, Brazilian, Belgian & French colleagues/managers or partner ? Then we have a mission for you !
The Production Logistics (PL) team is a global function responsible for the overall supply chain performance
Our tasks include:
• Supply chain strategy and roadmap
• Logistics concept and development
• Supply chain efficiency and performance
• Development of logistics requirements and concepts in the PRD and DVP processes
• Transport and packaging purchasing and operations
Global Logistics Manager Sourcing – Supply Chain Support & project manager
The Logistics Manager Sourcing (LMS) is securing logistics in the supplier evaluation and selection to ensure the most efficient inbound set ups. The purpose of the role is to align the pre-requisites of logistics with overall business strategy.
The LMS has a global responsibility for a portfolio of commodities (corresponding to Purchasing’s split). The work is done in close cooperation with other departments within Purchasing and GTO.
Main activities and responsibilities
You will be working in AB Volvo Global Supply Chain, in the Swedish LMS team.
Your task will be to work with the Senior Logistics Managers to bring logistics expertise and guidance during the supplier selection in Projects.
Your responsibilities will gradually increase, and you will :
1. Contribute to the supplier selection in Projects by bringing Supply Chain related requests and data.
2. Analyse the suppliers logistics performance and maturity level through Logistics audits at Suppliers
3. Evaluate suppliers offers, bring Supply Chain expertise and analysis to buyers
4. Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies
5. Participate to meetings, Steering Committees and represent the Supply Chain department when necessary.
6. Contribute to the team development for tools, analysis, methods, etc.
Engineering degree and/or significant experience in Supply Chain
Critical competencies for the position
To be able to succeed in this position, we believe you have a good selection of the following skills/qualities :
- Good communication skills
- A dynamic and proactive approach to problems
- A good capacity to handle multiple stakeholders
- Good organization skills
- Manufacturing interest and/or experience a plus
- Curious : To successfully handle your mission, you’ll need to know our products, our supplier, understand our organization, our processes, our language…you’ll need to raise questions, make your own opinion, dig into our tools and make proposals. We expect you to challenge the status quo!
- Open minded : you have ideas,
- Challenge : complex situations motivate you. You dare to try.
- Perseverant : you never give up!!
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
At Group Trucks Operation, we are actively working to establish groupings that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in e g knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.