Do you want to make a difference ? Do you want to join a great team and contribute to Volvo Penta Customer satisfaction? If so, maybe this is a position for you !
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo Penta Global Supply Chain Management is the central organization responsible for the planning, ordering and distribution of Volvo Penta Engines, Drive Components and Accessories. Global Supply Chain is also responsible for inventory management of all finished products globally, the complete Sales & Operations Planning process and Process Management.
The Delivery Handler Team are responsible for managing the daily work in the distribution process. The Team manages the transport bookings from European distribution centres to Volvo Pentas customer or local warehouses, with focus on delivery precision (“on time - in full”). We contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring the accuracy and timely processing of transport bookings, and efficient deviation handling. The aim is to reach operational excellence, and to ensure that we meet or exceed our customer's expectations.
- Plan and manage deliveries of finished products to appointed markets, with the focus of ensuring the promised delivery date
- Act as central point of contact to handle all transport-related cases
- Secure high transport quality while remaining cost efficient
- Timely and complete bookings
- Choosing the most cost-efficient transport depending on the promised delivery date
- Maximize the truck / container utilisation
- Support market representatives in evaluating filling degree and identifying possible loading scenarios
- Perform customs declaration and prepare necessary documentation for the respective country (e.g. Certificates of Origin, EUR1, and ATR)
- Book transport capacity on vessels and trailers
- Represent the Delivery Handler department in several forums and interfaces, including end-customer and transport supplier forums
- Manage delivery deviations and ensure immediate information to the relevant parties
- Identify and eliminate waste in our processes, and cooperate with the relevant interfaces to drive continuous improvements
- University degree and/or education in relevant field, or experience to equivalent level
- Ability to learn about Volvo Penta’s products and structure, and to utilize this knowledge when planning the transports
- Knowledge of cargo securing principles & regulations
- Skilled in transport optimization
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- High problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both Swedish and English
- Team player and self-motivated
- Service-minded, flexible and with good cooperation skills
- Eager to independently take the “extra step” providing exceptional customer service
- Well-oriented in Excel
- General competency with IT tools
Jakob Mellegård, Acting Director, Volvo Penta Supply Chain Coordination & Delivery Handling, +46 739 027202
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.