Field Service Engineer
Volvo Group Australia has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician to join our Volvo Bus organisation. This position offers an avenue for an experienced technician to move more into a Technical support arena, responsible for establishing solid relationships with our customers and dealers by providing technical product knowledge support across Perth and the WA Region.
Volvo Buses is one of the world's leading brands of buses and coaches, operating in more than 140 countries. We are driven by a passion to help create the cities of the future, free from congestion, emissions and noise. Our mission is to help operators and communities offer people safe, clean and efficient transportation to and from work, around the city or across the continent. We do so by striving to be the ultimate provider of sustainable transport solutions.
About the role:
- Partner with customers and the dealer network to provide in field support and technical assistance across the Region, including onsite assistance
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and technical expertise, including hybrid and electric bus technologies
- Support the Volvo Bus team with quality reporting and inspection of body units, as required
- Review of warranty scraps and complete assessments of warranty claims
- Ensure new and existing service and safety campaigns are completed
- Manage Volvo Bus campaigns, recalls and reporting
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to increase market share.
- Extensive Bus product knowledge, with the ability to explain technical specifications
- Hold a valid Heavy Vehicle (HR) Drivers Licence (WA)
- Trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Auto Electrician
- Proven ability to develop meaningful client relationships with government customers, dealers, bodybuilders and associated industry contacts
- Hold a flexible approach to work commitments as extensive travel across the Region is required to meet customers expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office Powerpoint, Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent negotiation and presenting skills
- Highly organised with a proven capability of working autonomously
- Audit or Quality Certification highly regarded but not essential.
- Competitive remuneration, including company vehicle
- Career development with Global prospects
- Above statutory superannuation payments
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Workplace Giving Program.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.