Group Manager Cab Architecture
The Cab Architecture group is responsible for securing all solution are in accordance to CAST and support both Volvo and Mack Brand.
- As a manager within Cab Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mind-set. You need to be an inspiring leader, have a positive mind-set and be interested in developing people as well as technology.
- Be responsible for CAB platform and work closely on common architecture (CAST) strategy.
- Manage the full architecture for Cab for both brands and secure future readiness.
- Manage Cab Architecture reviews and own the interface freeze KPI.
- Represent Cab in global/local meetings when needed.
- Be accountable for the delivery of Master cab and verification of all concepts. Secure the KPI for Test Case is maintained and monitored weekly.
- Continue to deliver solution per agreed modular strategy.
- Manage the work packages supporting packaging and verification delivery.
- Responsible for full verification: Physical, Virtual and mock up according to plan.
- Support the Architects in improving way of working with Product Design and drive Agile mindset.
- Continue to drive virtual verification by supporting VR and Augmented Reality.
- Interface with other commodities to insure concurrency of design philosophies with Cab and Company strategy.
- Ensure that all members of the team have adequate training/knowledge to complete their assigned tasks.
- Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field, is required
- M.S. Degree in Engineering is preferred
- 5-8 years of Product Development experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Directing others: Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Lays the work out in a well planned and organized manner. Maintains two way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability.
- Leadership competencies: Ensures Accountability, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Communicates Effectively, Action Oriented.
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.