Senior Commodity Buyer - Steering
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Senior Commodity buyer you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production.
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Coach Buyers when relevant
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 5+ years Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive (Not mandatory)
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Structured way of working
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to go out on the field
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
- Ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge level of using the office package
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.