Intern: Engineering (Fall 2019)
This is an intern position in Volvo CE Shippensburg. The intern will work with scrum teams in technology department to develop new road machinery products, maintain current products, and support products in the aftermarket.
Candidate will have the opportunity to work with experienced engineers in an agile engineering environment “scrum.” Candidate will have exposure to all aspects of engineering of road machines: Structure, Powertrain, Electric, and Hydraulic. Candidate would work with other cross-functional teams to ensure completion of tasks and projects. These cross-functional teams could be local or global, hence a high cultural IQ would be a good asset.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities
- Work with scrum teams to secure on-time, quality, and cost effective project deliverables.
- Create and update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Release components and assemblies in a formal engineering process for new product development, as well as, current product maintenance.
- Track and secure build parts for prototype, line and field issues
- Work with suppliers and purchasing team to ensure compliance with part specs and quality standards
- Support building and testing of prototype machines
- Support resolving line and field issues with interim and permanent corrective actions
- Modelling with CAD tools: CREO Parametric and familiarity with other simulation tools would a plus
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Currently enrolled in a degree seeking program in the area of engineering or a related field at an accredited university
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks.
- Energetic with keen interest to learning new and different areas of engineering.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and cross-functional departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve scrum team goals.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate info and reports that are pertinent to the scrum teams’ tasks.
- Communication: Effective listening, clear and accurate information sharing, open to feedback.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, to adapt to changes in directions and priorities, and to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.