Algeria Project Buyer
As Algeria Project Buyer you will take on the important challenge to secure Renault & Volvo objectives for local sourcing in Algeria. You will work with your other colleagues in Volvo to build localization plans for different parts being delivered to the Algiers Plant, Algeria.
We can offer you
- The opportunity to work in a highly competitive environment with purchasing responsibilities
- The challenge to be the cornerstone of all activities from the early phase of the project until its complete industrialization
- Be able to work and develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization
- The chance to join our solid cross functional team consisting of team players with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver result
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers in Algeria
- Participate in Supplier Evaluation activities
- Build business cases that meet Volvo requirement of QDCFTSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management)
- Work cross functionally with other Volvo stakeholder to implement decided parts
- Manage negotiation and contract management required by Volvo
- Work with colleagues in Purchasing contributing to Supplier strategies
- Secure that Supplier in your portfolio fully meet Volvo requirements, i.e. logistic demands
- Work with cost improvement ideas in your portfolio
- Manage all project related supplier relations
- Ensure supplier readiness for production
- Make presentation to Management for business case presentations
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Purchasing and negotiation experience is seen as a strong advantage
- Solid experience of local sourcing projects
- Project management experience is seen as a strong advantage
- Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with strong communication, negotiation and networking skills. You also have a financial, technical and legal understanding. In addition to this you enjoy managing many parallel activities and you have a target oriented approach. A successful candidate has a high level of integrity and trust and gets quickly up to speed. You have a positive mindset and like to be a part of a team. At the same time you feel comfortable managing your own work, and taking the lead whenever needed.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.