The mission of the Quality Manager is to ensure that quality processes (including tools and methods) are developed, implemented, performed and maintened, achieving the business objectives and increasing customer satisfaction. These quality process include, and are not limited to, management and resolution of field issues.
The Quality Manager is the interface between the North America Cab and Vehicle Assembly plants and different stakeholders in Operations, Purchasing, Technology and Brands for product quality and product safety subjects. In this role the Quality Manager has to ensure the product quality performance (first month in service) within determined responsibility scope through investigating, prioritizing and solving product quality issues identified to achieve committed quality and warranty targets.
Manage the product quality processes by:
- Developing, along with Global Quality and Engineering, process, tools, methods and ways of working
- Developing, along with the manufacturing plants, a roadmap for implementation of processes
- Developing associated training & calibration methodology among other users
- Providing documentation when needed for the Volvo Group Management System
- Defining the operational budget, along with manufacturing plants
- Coaching, mentoring and developing employees in North America
- Securing the implementation/deployment of new process according to defined roadmap
- Assisting the staff to deliver according to the business objectives by driving data collection, measuring and taking respective actions on Fault Frequency during 1st month of truck operation indicator (FF1)
- Following the process efficiency and effectiveness. And, taking corrective actions when needed. E.g. Support plants on campaigns and QJ's information and management; Act as interface within GTO on product safety (recalls)
- Learning from mistakes and capitalizing them for future development
- Being the interface with the manufacturing plants
- Negotiating and cooperating with a number of stakeholders in the Volvo Group
- Participate and represent the quality function in various product & safety forums.
- Inspire, develop and motivate people.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree
- At least 05 years of experience in automotive and/or heavy-duty industry including supervision
- Certified Lean Manufacturing Engineer and/or Certified Quality Engineer is a differential
- Experience in the areas of Engineering, Production and Quality
- Experience working cross-functionally and in a global network
- Ability to lead activities & projects in a multi-cultural environment
- Holistic & open mindset and positive attitude to people & problems
- Good understanding of the Volvo Group business
- Good knowledge of the quality tools applied on the automotive industry (Lean / Six Sigma)
- Know how to manage people by distance
- Negotiation skills
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Customer focus
- Business acumen
- Developing direct reports and others
- Building effective teams
- Presentation skills
- Integrity and trust
- Ethics and values
- Managing through systems
- Organizational agility
- Learning on the fly
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.