Electrical and Electronics - Advanced Supplier Quality Manager
Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1.9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
North America Purchasing is an organization within GTP supporting Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands on the purchasing related activities both on Automotive and indirect purchasing. Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) North America is an organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of $2.5B USD.
As the SQ&D Advanced Electrical and Electronics Manager for GTP NA, you drive and manage performance of your team from a QDCF-TSR stand point. You will lead a team of APQP supplier quality engineers focused on projects in Electrical and Electronics to secure that the right suppliers are selected and that the suppliers develop a zero tolerance quality attitude for part production. You’re mission is to drive activities in support of zero quality or capacity issues at all launch events.
You will also promote a strong collaboration between SQE and Managers within SQ&D in the region and globally thereby capitalizing on global knowledge and competence sharing within SQ&D.
Reporting To: Advanced SQ&D Director GTPNA
- Be a member in GTPNA SQD leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Ensure that there is close interaction with stakeholders specifically in Engineering and Operations, and develop and work with the team to ensure common strategy is driven and communicated to the suppliers
- You would drive and lead the SQ&D activities in accordance with defined strategies and targets
- Ensure that there is close interaction with suppliers to constantly assess risk and apply solutions for supplier process and product development.
- Ensuring the best Supplier is selected, working with all stake holders in a strong collaborative manner.
- Eliminate risk from supply base using all tools and resources.
- Develop reliable and capable plans for supplier readiness for all assigned process and product development phases – sourcing, APQP, Run at Rate, PPAP, and launch support.
- Secure quality, capacity and cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure needed communication with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate team members and increase skills and capabilities over time
- Secure and manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- You will also manage interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, ensure all the available data is ready for Supplier selection committee/board
- Minimum 4 year University degree in engineering or business management or supply chain management or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of supply chain (quality and development) and/or production experience, or equivalent
- Strongly prefer experience from the automotive or heavy commercial truck industry in plant supplier quality, APQP implementation, manufacturing engineering, supplier development or crisis management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong accountability and project management for tasks without close supervision
- Act with strong sense of urgency and commitment
- Ability to manage intense pressure and remain calm under fire
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected.
- Face problems and act quickly and directly.
- Able to handle unfamiliar tasks, using previous experiences
- Ability to multitask and delegate workload efficiently and effectively
- Ability to drive sense of urgency to team/suppliers focused on information, communication, and results. Provide direct & actionable feedback.
- Act with customer in mind and dedicated to meeting expectations
- Provide timely information for accurate decisions
- Pursue activities with energy and drive to completion.
- Able to manage diversity
- Able to create trustful relations and face reality, surface problems and support finding solutions
- Strong collaboration and issue leadership skills
- Able to execute in a complex regional organization
- Align with internal stakeholders, making solid decisions (with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind)
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide solutions
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.