Onsite IT Delivery Team Leader
The IOS Onsite Team Leader role is the local representation of IT Services for a specific business production facility. In this role, it is critical to work together with regional and global colleagues to deliver new and upgraded infrastructure for business solutions and the end-user IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to Windows enterprise client solutions for office and factory, personal mobility, and specialized factory devices such as bar code scanners, forklift mounted hardware, and specialized printing technology. These technologies are highly standardized in Volvo ITS business practice and much of the work is conducted according to standard processes and methodologies. The team leader will coordinate these Onsite deliveries with solution deliveries and the corresponding SDU PRD delivery managers and service runtime managers, and assist the Onsite line manager in reporting and following up on run-time quality issues
Group IT has end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, and support of IT solutions for the Volvo Group.
Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS)
Group IT – Infrastructure and Onsite Services is a global unit consisting of approximately 1200 employees and consultants in most of the Volvo Group’s locations. The mission of the IOS unit is to ensure that Volvo businesses are provided with the right end-user tools and services at agreed quality and to an optimal cost. At factories, warehouses and small sites IOS also facilitates infrastructure demand liaison and delivery execution for IT services through local presence and in partnership with global providers.
Onsite Americas is a regional function consisting of more than 100 employees and consultants in all of the Americas. This function is responsible for onsite deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other IOS/Solution Delivery Unit functions.
- Lean Leadership (hands-on)
- Drive Continuous Improvements using proven methods such as Kaizen's, A3’s, and SOP's
- Support the VPS journey (IOS Regional + MPS local)
- Represent IOS and the QRIT Process in VPS Assessments/Audits
- Proven problem solving skills to drive Root Cause Analysis
- Lead by example within the team
- General Network LAN/WAN/WLAN troubleshooting
- General Storage knowledge (On premise and OneDrive for Business)
- General Windows Networking troubleshooting (Desktop & Server)
- Industrial IT experience is a plus
- Cloud Services (O365) knowledge is a plus
- Customer service oriented – ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues with non-technical end-users
- Follow-up on issues through to resolution
- Meeting end-user / business needs through standard IT service offerings
- Going the extra mile (technically and through time management when necessary)
- Skills in influencing people
- Inclusive approach to team work
- Must be able to juggle multiple technical and administrative tasks as delegated by Onsite Manager
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are a must
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. Formal education in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma is a plus.
- Ideally 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experienced managing a team of peers preferred
- Experience with industrial IT systems preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple activities, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.