Head of Sales
Role (Purpose of the job)
- Work closely with the President and Business Development to drive and develop the sales strategies for the sister Business Areas in alignment with the overall VFS commercial focus and strategic objectives.
- Maximize growth and new business development with a strong focus on fee income, Pro-forma ROE and After Tax Return on Equity (ATROE) while maintaining top quality in the managed portfolio by ensuring high level of credit awareness in our business partners, dealers, dealer credit manager and the Sales team
- Acts as relationship manager with Dealers and works internally with other BAs. Develop and maintain a healthy and strong relationship with the dealers and customers. Personally support major negotiations with most important dealers and accounts
- Design and develop the new financial products, source and negotiate the best insurance premium package with the insurance vendors to drive the overall business growth
- Manage segmentation pricing to optimize profitability
- Design and develop the local sales processes as well as the insurance related processes. Systematically manage deliveries, penetration, managed assets, operating income, selling expenses and headcounts to ensure business performance.
- Works closely with Business Development department to design and plan with sister BA on seasonal promotions, marketing campaigns and market communication activities
- Deliver an accurate forecast of sales performance and its reporting for the country and region
- Works closely with Legal in contract review and negotiation with involved parties
- Support capital market initiatives
- Support customer and dealer satisfaction survey and related initiatives
- Manage and develop sales team to achieve sales target goals efficiently and keep a high level of engagement in the team
- Formulating working standards and performance evaluation criteria of Sales Personnel. Assess and ensure the competency of sales staff and reinforce integrity and accountability through management by objectives and monitor target achievement
Main Competence Requirements
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- University degree required preferably in Business, Finance or Marketing
- Know how on financial industry with minimum of 8-10 years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sales or related management experience
- Previous experience in working in a multi-national company environment
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Managerial competencies & skills:
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle and business solution market
- Good knowledge / understanding of financial services products and services as well as vehicle insurance program
- Thorough understanding of key market drivers for financial services and profound knowledge of how to manage these drivers successfully
- Highly target-driven, self-motivated and willing to walk the extra miles
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills as well as holistic thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and anticipate future business trends and customer expectations and translate them into business opportunities.
- Ability to challenge and change existing processes so as to increase business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong cultural sensitivity to assure of success of the team in China.
- High standard of professionalism and operate with integrity (The Volvo Way)
- High level of PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Power Point).
- Advanced level of English (oral/written)
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.