As an Innovation Specialist of Emerging Technologies, you will be part of a team of passionate professionals who seek out opportunities to strengthen an innovative culture and capability throughout Volvo Construction Equipment. You will be leading innovation projects, drive from idea generation to conceptualization to implementation. You will focus on large-scale regional opportunities and will have the unique opportunity to work across countries with diverse cultures and market realities. We are seeking a hands-on young professional who loves to travel and enjoys cooperation with international colleagues.
Additionally, you will be familiar with the latest trends, benchmark and bring inspiration for innovation and brand teams within our business. You will work with leading agencies, suppliers and both external and internal partners.
Another key part of your job will be to monitor and improve innovation on regular basis by:
- Working with the global iCoach team and technology specialists
- Driving and maintaining our global innovation agenda and network
- Driving and maintaining strategic technology competence
- Plan, support, execute, measure and improve Emerging Technologies hosted events eg. Innovation Conference, iCoach Days, Specialist Days, etc.
- Support innovative capability through coaching and supporting global iCoaches and technology specialists through competence training, meetings, and solving problems
- Collaborate and support cross-functional events (eg. Exploration Forum, Leadership Summit, Volvo Days and/or Volvo Ocean Race) connecting innovation process and exploration with stakeholders
- Active support of Construction Climate Challenge initiative with facilitating workshops and assisting events while extracting and sharing information within Advanced Engineering
- Support and drive activities relating to Innovation Model, iCompass, Innovation pod casts and Interact
- Select, blend and adapt various types of innovation processes and methods to support the targeted context and work task
- Support agreed department targets and ensure delivery via effective project management and coordination
- Educate and share knowledge/competence within a Volvo Group network
- Strong competence in Innovation Methods and customer-centric approach to business
- Successfully achieving budget and deadline targets
- Effective priority management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer/marketing mind-set
- Self-motivated, team-oriented
- Willingness to travel
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business, Innovation, Design or a related field
- Proven knowledge and experience in such areas as: project management, Innovation, facilitation, Design Thinking and customer centric approach to business
- PC skills - Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Project
- Strong analytical skills involving effective research, careful data analysis, efficient problem solving, creative thinking and compelling communication
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often changing, priorities and deadlines
- Excellent spoken and written English (other languages are an asset)
- Self-starter and the ability to work both independently and/or in a team
- You are excellent in building relationships and work cross-functionally within a globally diverse environment
- You complete complex projects with rigor and attention to detail while maintaining the “big picture” and vision
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial mind-set
Christian Grante, Director Emerging Technologies, +46 7390 22194
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.