Powertrain Application Leader
Join Powertrain Engineering as an Application Leader in the exciting journey to develop the future Volvo group Powertrains.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Advanced conventional combustion Engines still represents a majority of our Product base, however the share of e-mobility solutions is steadily increasing.
As Application Leader you will belong to the Electrical and Electronics section within Powertrain Engineering, in charge of securing system strategies to deliver high performance products, answering to environment regulation and customers’ demands.
The Application Leader, within Electrical and Electronics section is in charge of delivering a complete dataset (a dataset is a set of SW parameters defined by configuration or calibrations of the complete powertrain strategies) for a given product project.
Application leader is responsible for:
- planning, coordinating calibration activities, within the section for a given project
- follow-up of calibration results, and the delivery of complete datasets to other entities within the organization (for developments, manufacturing tests, durability tests)
- Maintaining Dataset project database synthesis (handle the dataset baseline within a project, by merging datasets made available by new calibration activities), securing platform approach by limiting diversity
- Securing verification and integration activities linked to datasets merged in a baseline (including on vehicle tests)
- Reporting and communication: lead the dataset design review meetings before dataset freeze and releases
As an Application Leader you have developed the following technical and personal competences:
- Technical skills on powertrain technologies and strategies
- Technical skills on embedded software
- Leadership, synthesis abilities, communication, team work
- Ability to work in international environment
- English and French languages
- Ability to develop over time and to contribute to continuous improvement
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.