Regional Sales Manager
Proactively generate new engine sales for Volvo Penta industrial products in North America with select OEM accounts in the Off highway and Power generation segments Support and grow current OEM accounts by providing a high level of customer service and exceeding their needs.
- Analyze and research the target Off –highway segments and identify new targets within AOR
- Become conversant with the Off-highway and Power generation markets, legislation and demands on an engine supplier
- Establish, maintain and grow existing Industrial OEM accounts in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) in North America.
- Pursue new OEM business opportunities in the AOR
- Pursue sales of Volvo Penta industrial products in the AOR
- Be the Key Account Manager (KAM) for selected existing and new accounts in AOR, facilitating and managing interfaces between Volvo Penta and the customer to ensure 1st, 2nd and 3rd Tier customer satisfaction is achieved with Volvo Penta products and services
- Drive to attain Volvo Penta business objectives and initiatives
- Provide management with required sales contact reports, customer center updates and issue tracking
- Facilitate the involvement of the appropriate Volvo Penta resources in developing and winning new business
- Be a strong team player and actively contribute to development in all areas
- Organize product and systems training for assigned accounts
- Provide training on Volvo Penta warranty procedures, parts return, parts lookup (EPC) workshop methods / controls and maintenance programs to OEMs, distributors and sub dealers
- Promote the use of the Volvo Penta Partner Network for warranty and business functions
- Investigate OEM, distributor, dealer and/or end user product complaints and generate appropriate corrective action to help resolve them expeditiously
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and guidelines
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical proficiency of Volvo Penta product
- Actively participate in trade shows and other industry events as required
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management and deemed vital to the achievement of the Volvo Penta business plan
- Follow all safety, environmental rules and company guidelines
- Achieve and where possible exceed sales targets to deliver plan growth objectives. Including recruiting new customers
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision performing as a self-directed employee
- High energy level, comfortable performing multiple assignments in conjunction with day to day activities
- Strong background in Engine Systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA preferred
- Minimum five (5) years equivalent business experience in the field of engine sales and or engine related systems.
- Diesel engine sales experience is a plus
- Requires out-of-town travel; including international travel (75%+)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.