Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 4000 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world class operational excellence for our customers, based on smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
In Service Market Logistics we strive for excellence within Health and Safety. Our people is our number one priority, in a culture where we care about each other and feel safe. This is how you come into play, as Health and Safety manager your contribution is crucial!
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the Health and Safety Network within Service Market Logistics. You will lead global improvement work and drive a non-zero accident culture. Furthermore you will drive harmonization and facilitate best practice sharing between our sites and distribution centers, with main focus on Gent, Belgium and Lyon, France within Europe and Byhalia in the US.
You will manage the local Health & Safety department in Gent, Belgium and report to HR Director Gent and EU region.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
By motivation and engagement you drive and secure both short and long term plans, by challenging the organization to achieve results and targets.
• You coordinate activities, improvement and benchmark within the field of Health and Safety for Service Market Logistics globally.
• You drive competence development within Health and Safety.
• You challenge, coach and support the organization for implementation of
Volvo Group Safety principles, methods and tools to achieve operational excellence.
• You help the organization to identify and challenge areas for improvement within Health and Safety.
• You represent SML in Global Trucks Operations (GTO) Health and Safety network to secure alignment with global policies and guidelines and participate in Global and/or Country Functional Working Groups as relevant.
• You consolidate and support follow up of SML objectives such as safety assessments, ergonomics mapping, psychosocial risk analysis and Health and Safety KPI’s.
• Together with our HR community you drive and enhance our “Active care” culture.
• You act as an inspiring leader; attract, motivate and develop your team and secure necessary resources to carry out the activities on hand.
You live and breathe Health & Safety and see people as our most valuable assets. You have a talent for grasping the big picture, quick in understanding, structuring and addressing complex topics. You have great communications skills and influencing capabilities, with the ability to create trustful relations in a cultural and geographical diverse environment.
You are an inspiring leader and you are able to demonstrate a clear vision. You possess the necessary skills in coaching as well as having a good understanding of interpersonal relations and organizational development.
To be successful in your new role we want you have the following knowledge and experience:
• Hold a university degree and/or an MBA or other relevant academic qualification in the field (Prevention Advisor level 1).
• Recognized managerial experience.
• Documented solid experience within Health and Safety Management (minimum 5 years).
• Deep understanding of international production and/or logistic environment and challenges.
• Highly skilled in coaching and facilitation, change management and good understanding of interpersonal relations and organizational development.
• Strong personal credibility, high level of integrity and courage.
• Well organized and structured in order to give room for innovation and creativity.
• Principles, methods and requirements within Health and Safety Management.
• Deep knowledge of and strong interest in Lean principles, methods and tools.
• Proficiency in the English & Dutch language is required. Other languages are beneficial.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
Are you a passionate leader who strives to get the best out of people? Well, then you are a good match and we want you to be part of our team! We can’t promise you an effortless job, but we can promise you some really skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in a global and regional environment that provides you with development opportunities, both professionally and personally. We want you to prosper and be happy, because when you succeed, we succeed. We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us.
Do you want to know more? Take a look at film
our about the Gent & EU region
Please do not wait with your application.
Due to some holidays of the recruitment team, applications will be handled as from the 5th of August.