Industrial Sales Support and Administrator
This position provides administrative support to the Vice President Industrial Sales. Supports specific projects and programs related to business operations to include the development of strategies, programs/plans, budgeting and reporting. This position also entails a variety of responsible and confidential administrative duties including high-level presentations, managing expense reports, handling confidential correspondence. This position requires the ability to work with minimum supervision exercising judgment and initiative as well as provide leadership and direction in all phases of the order development, pricing and inventory management processes for the Industrial business segment within Volvo Penta of the Americas.
- Develop and execute a product pricing strategy designed to increase V.P.A. market share and profitability for Industrial Diesel engines.
- Develop and maintain an industrial engine inventory strategy for VPA and VPA industrial distributors.
- Responsible for communications with VPS on all issues associated with VPA Industrial price inventory and shipment activity.
- Responsible for inventory levels of industrial diesel product, developing monthly and annual sales demand forecasts. Communicate demand forecasts to Volvo Penta Sweden.
- Support the Industrial distributor network with pricing and inventory planning activities.
- Support the Industrial distributor network with all dealer development activities
- Work with business segment director to ensure that all pricing, dealer development and inventory management strategies align with the overall company goals and the industrial segment market share objectives.
- Establish measurable, personal goals and objectives and use company established measurement tools to ensure their attainment.
- Procure, monitor and analyze competitive products, pricing, programs and strategies. Report these activities to the business segment director
- Fully support and enhance the precepts of ISO 9001 to ensure superior quality in our products and services.
- Provides high-level administrative support that includes planning daily activities, composing correspondence, scheduling and arranging executive meetings and special events, and prioritizing information relating to corporate operations.
- Acts as in-house liaison for designated field/sales employees when it comes to acquiring information and assistance from other groups, understanding Volvo Penta dealership requirements and operating standards/processes to include performing continual improvement review. Communicate all updates and changes to appropriate departments regarding industrial related items’ status.
- Work closely with the dealer sales and service teams across all segments to coordinate the new dealer setup process supporting both domestics and imported products for all segments.
- Maintain the integrity of the dealer contact information/files; notify all Volvo Penta departments of changes in industrial related items' status. Input, update, and maintain key industrial customer data.
- Independently responds to requests for information and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Timely and accurate communication to VPA departments and senior management
- Monitors and audits all incoming expense reports for the department.
- Analyzes data for special projects and initiatives and prepares reports and high-level presentations.
- Maintains high-level of importance to flow & handling of confidential communication.
- Sorts and prioritizes correspondence for effective & efficient review.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, foreign and domestic, to ensure best routing and travel time efficiency. Maintains vacation records for the department.
- Orders office supplies for department as needed.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Outstanding executive administrative skills and competencies.
- Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise judgment, and manage the calendar. Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent oral and written/communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal personnel and external contacts.
- Effective business letter and report writing techniques; proofreading; statistical and record-keeping principles and procedures. Correct and appropriate English language usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Maintains composure, flexibility and judgment in constant priority-changing environment.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful.
- Microsoft Office/Business Package proficiency, including proficient Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership & decision-making role.
- Minimum three years of experience in a corporate environment in an executive/administrative capacity.
- Advanced training in executive office administration and procedures.
- Inventory and/or price management (or similar) skills.
- Experience in heavy commercial commerce (transportation industry preferred) or automotive industry a plus.
- Industrial engine sales experience a plus.
- Customer Focus (provide a high level of support)
- Integrity and Trust (ability to work in highly confidential manner)
- Emerging Leader Competencies
- Directing others
- Managing diversity
- Priority Setting
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.