SW Architect - Entertainment and Connected Services
You can be a part of this if you join us at Vehicle connectivity – Entertainment and Connected Services, where we are in the heart of this. We work with our HMI heavy head unit (android), amplifiers, speakers & antennas. We are the ones within AB Volvo that do the on-board application and connected services. Some of the apps and End user functions we implement are Entertain the driver, Driver Coaching, ISee, Remote SW Download, Geofencing, Fleet management, Vehicle settings, body builder, automation apps, electromobillity apps, phone, music players, 3rd party apps etc. Connectivity is a key enabler for the future of the Volvo Group. Our service and connected android system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field.
You will belong to the EACS management team and report directly to the Global Technology Manager of EACS. The development in the area of connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for a Software Architect to front the global technology area Entertainment and Connected Services into the future.
The mission & responsibilities are:
- Drive and deliver system investigations to clarify and set the path going forward
- Be the true cross functional interface for cross systems matters spanning from Volvo Group Connected Services back office to EACS to the built trucks running out in the market to mobile apps etc.
- Secure that our technical solutions are cross functionally secured (hardware and software from an end to end perspective)
- Be the EACS front office for matters that needs to be systemized over other departments, suppliers, in-house development and technologies
- Drive and/or participate in concept selections together with system engineering in other departments (e.g. Vehicle connectivity system engineering, Electrical & electronics engineering, Volvo Group Connected Solutions etc.)
- In close cooperation with the EACS management (managers, SW product architect, Agile product owners and Product manager) set the architecture runway for EACS going forward
- Deliver all necessary concepts and system investigations needed in good due time
- Be a part of and sometimes lead process initiatives
- Ensure that the Entertainment and Connected Services SW solutions, products and projects area are managed and delivered in an optimal way following our decisions and road maps
- Secure that the solutions are developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Take an active role in moving Vehicle Connectivity into an agile development organization (we are running SAFe)
- Actively participate in developing the working environment for us at Vehicle connectivity
- Have a greater view and not only focusing on software or hardware, but both from a “total solution” perspective
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader and excel getting things done and cleared out. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your area of responsibility, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
- Documented technical leadership
- Deep understanding of Linux systems
- Deep understanding of Android system architecture
- Experience from working in distributed automotive electrical systems (Autosar knowledge is meriting)
- Good understanding of software testing, test first approaches and HMI testing in embedded environments
- Minimum 7 years of experience from automotive electronics development both software and hardware (meriting is from the area of connected services)
- Experience of agile methods such as SCRUM, KANBAN, SAFe framework etc. is meriting
- Experience from IT development is an asset
- Be a servant leader
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Have the ability to drive for results and to take own initiatives and both drive your actions and to lead others
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to coach co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
Niklas Seger, Global Technology Manager - Entertainment and Connected Services, phone +46 31 32 27154
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.