Vice President- Powertrain Purchasing
Powertrain Purchasing is a global organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 21 BSEK, the team is responsible for Base Engine, Casting & Forging, Combustion, Vendor, Axles & Transmission
North America Purchasing is an organization within GTP supporting Volvo Trucks North America and Mack brands on the purchasing related activities both on Automotive and indirect purchasing.
Reporting To: SVP Purchasing North America
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (Essential Functions)
- Be a member in North America Purchasing regional Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Drive department activities towards wanted position
- To manage the overall supplier relationship and consolidate the global segment strategies
- Manage purchasing QDCF- TSR deliverables
- Secure cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure needed communication with cross functional teams
- Secure supplier involvement in project activities
- Manage the development of staff
- Secure and Manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget & operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Sign off Purchasing Agreements in accordance with the authorization directives
- You will also manage cross functional interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, appoint supplier hosts within his/her area and be the ensure all the available data is ready to be presented in Sourcing Committee
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- 10+ years of experience
- 8+ years of relevant materials management & purchasing experience
- Strong coaching and mentoring particularly in the analytic area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, time management, planning, organization, and observation skills
- Strong Business acumen Leadership skills
- Very good understanding of the Volvo Group Business
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Able to handle ambiguity’s and hold things together during tough times
- Take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Represent his/her Purchasing area in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validates sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.