Group Manager Cab Architecture & Platform
Cab Engineering Bangalore has the responsibility for Cab Architecture and Cab platform for UD Trucks Value range. We develop cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. As a group manager, you are responsible for defining and securing the architectural and platform needs for Cab.
Cab Architecture group delivers work packages/projects with QDCF to Cab Engineering of Greensboro, Gothenburg, Lyon and Ageo.
Cab Architecture group is responsible for securing all solutions are in accordance to CAST and Cab Platform strategy.
- As a manager within Cab Engineering, you are expected to have a strong business mind-set. You need to be an inspiring leader, have a positive mind-set and be interested in developing people as well as technology.
- Manage the full architecture for Cab for UD Value trucks and secure future readiness.
- Manage Cab Architecture reviews and own the interface freeze KPI.
- Represent Cab in global/local meetings when needed.
- Continue to deliver solution per agreed modular strategy.
- Manage the work packages supporting packaging and verification delivery.
- Support the Architects in improving way of working with Product Design and drive Agile mindset.
- Continue to drive virtual verification by supporting VR and Augmented Reality.
- Interface with other commodities to ensure concurrency of design philosophies with Cab and Company strategy.
- Develop the team to deliver the product architectural, interface and fit & finish requirements catering the product roadmaps including future technologies.
- Maintain global network and develop competency of the team to deliver global projects across the sites.
As a platform manager,
- Be responsible for CAB platform and work closely on common architecture (CAST) strategy.
- Responsible for UDTT, JVs collaboration in order to achieve maximum CAST synergies.
- Build and deliver road maps on architecture (Interface B/C) in line with product plans and strategies
- Evaluate the design concepts in the project from the interface and component commonality point of view to ensure modularity and feature scalability is achieved by sharing and interchanging the solutions wherever possible.
- Bachelors or Master in Engineering
- Atleast 10years of product development experience in the automotive industry
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Directing others: Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Lays the work out in a well planned and organized manner. Maintains two way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability.
- Leadership competencies: Ensures Accountability, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Communicates Effectively, Action Oriented.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.