Driveline Simulation Engineer
Want to act to save the planet? Want to look at the next generation in the eyes to handover them the world in a good shape?
If Yes, join us to shape the future of transport solution!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Powertrain Engineering is a unique selling point for the Volvo Group brands (Volvo, Renault, Mack, UD…), aiming to deliver even more efficient powertrains. Driveline department has the task to develop the final driveline up to the wheels, and is therefore deeply involved in conventional and future trends (hybridation, electrifications…). The simulation team is in the heart of it, defining and optimizing component dimensions and their interactions.
As a simulation engineer you will be directly involved in the development work of our products and involved in a wide range of analyses and simulations
You will work on a wide range of systems, from well known to breakthrough technologies
WHO ARE YOU?
- You will be in charge of making multibody simulations to define and optimize bearings and gear geometries
- As part of the simulation team, you contribute to the technology development by presenting results from calculations and propose product improvements. More in details, this means that you build simulation models for various driveline systems, select bearings and gear geometries, simulate the system behavior, analyse results and optimize the system.
- You will work in close collaboration with design engineers and component/system responsibles
- As part of a simulation network, you share with peers your progress and target to maximize the collective output.
- Experience in automotive technology development
- Experience in simulations (multibody/multiphysics/NVH analysis is a merit)
- Experience gear and bearing development
- Knowledge of power electronics (Energy Storage, Power Convertor, Electrical Machine…) is a merit
- Master degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years experience in a similar position
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Willingness to go deep into technical questions
As a simulation engineer you will be an important part in a team of passionate colleagues working on the continuous improvements of current product lines and on the development of new technologies. We think that you have a passion for technology : you are passionate by technical questions and want to go deep into them. You like to work in a team and you welcome problems since you enjoy being part of the solution!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.