Performance and Calibration Engineer in emission control EATS
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology where customer satisfaction is one of the vital performance measurements.
The Exhaust aftertreatment system (EATS) department within PE is responsible for the global platform development of exhaust aftertreatment systems for Volvo Group’s different product around the world. We are about 80 passionated and highly skilled engineers on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of global transportation. Together with our colleagues around the world we take full system responsibility.
EATS Catalysts & Filters is one of the hardware groups in the EATS section. We have responsibility of the catalysts and particulate filter components in the EATS system. It is a global responsibility and is carried out in close cooperation with the global EATS teams around the world. Good communication skills and a collaborative mindset are key competences to secure that the global needs are addressed in the system design and requirement balancing. Included in the team is also the testing and verification of the EATS system to secure its performance. Our working environment is very creative with new technologies and inventions and with a large network of suppliers and other external actors.
We are now looking for a Performance and Application engineer to reinforce our emission development. The challenge, is to choose and incorporate the right after treatment technology and hardware in the muffler and adapt the system with the engine in order to fulfil the performance, durability and quality criteria set by the different projects. You will be a member of a teams that consists of system engineers, component engineers and performance and calibration engineers. Our technical solutions offer more than 90% reduction of particulates and nitrogen oxide emissions coming out from the engine.
A major part of the work is to design the muffler and perform evaluation tests at engine laboratory but also at different suppliers.
In parallel a part of our work is to develop and improve our test codes and processes.
Our working environment is very creative with new technologies and inventions and with a large network of suppliers and other external actors.
- Together with the component responsible of the team plan necessary testing of different exhaust after treatment systems in engine laboratory
- Perform and supervise the planned tests
- Evaluate test results and document the work in engineering reports
- Present the conclusions to the team and the projects
- Propose solutions and if necessary propose further tests in order to create a base for decision
- Continuously review and improve the test codes
- General knowledge in the field of exhaust aftertreatment systems and automotive catalysis
- Master of Science in Chemical or Mechanical engineering or other similar education
- Experience of emission testing preferably on diesel engines and exhaust after treatment systems
- Communication skills oral and writing Swedish and English
- Ability to work independent but also sociable, outgoing and cooperative
- Structured and analytical
Soran Shwan, Group Manager, Phone: +46 31 322 70 24
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.