Investments Project Buyer Construction & Renovation.
The Investments North America team consists of buyers spanning Canada, US and Mexico with global counter parts around the world. Stakeholders for the group are spread across the Americas region but for this position are mainly located in the Eastern Part of the United States.
The Investments North America team’s primary goals are to lead, negotiate and execute sourcing activities in accordance to the technical specifications of our stakeholders. You will be able to directly influence Volvo’s future supplier base in collaboration with our global counter parts.
- Understanding of construction contracting methodologies best method to apply to different construction and renovation projects
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the current supply base and potential new suppliers through high quality relationships, in terms of cost, quality, delivery, features, technology while ensuring Volvo’s long term multifaceted sustainability and managing risk
- Lead, negotiate and execute all sourcing activities to the defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Issue RFQ’s, negotiate an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out Contract negotiations and management
- Develop of new segment strategies and lead the execution of actions agreed in these strategies
- Monitor market and technology developments in this commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo group
- Manage supplier portfolio in terms of cost, quality, delivery, features, technology while ensuring Volvo’s long term multifaceted sustainability and managing risk
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge on, or interest in the automotive industry
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Negotiation skills and drive to look for cost improvement opportunities
- Great communication skills and positive mindset with high energy
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders and team
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks through project management
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Analytical skills. Result oriented
- Honesty and integrity
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.