Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Cab Factory
Volvo Trucks North America is currently implementing cutting edge technology in the cab factory. We are looking for motivated and creative engineers hoping to leave their mark on this facility for years to come.
The purpose of this position is to supply engineering techniques supporting all initiatives to improve the existing manufacturing process, introduce new processes, manufacturing goals, manpower levelling, as well as, prepare the manufacturing process for the introduction of product changes or new product.
- Support teams with powerful technical presentations
- Support teams with a well-design and detailed engineered process
- Support document control system
- Write and manage engineering change notices
- Support operations using Volvo Production System (VPS) tools to enhance manufacturing processes in compliance with Environment, Health and Safety, Quality and Productivity
- Analyze and continuously evaluate and improve assembly efficiency through observation, investigation and critical problem solving
- Establish and maintain accurate production standards using determined time tools (MCTM or MOST)
- Persuasively interface with plant personnel to accomplish timing, manpower and production goals
- Apply engineering standards in compliance with company policies
- Ensure communication and the pride of teamwork/cross functional groups
- Manage and implement engineering programs as required
- Analytical Thinking
- Writing Skills
- Communicates effectively
- Interpersonal Relations
- Action oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of Manufacturing Experience or Equivalent experience within an engineering and production environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Catia/Creo
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Automotive Painting or Welding Process
- Industrial Ventilation – VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) / ASU (Air supply Units)
- RTO (Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer)
- Paint booth and Oven
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.