Senior Hardware Verification Engineer
Integration and Hardware verification team in Electrical and Software Architecture is hiring!
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Integration and Hardware verification, ESA.
The mission of the EMC Verification Engineer is to ensure that electrical and electronic components under development are proven to meet EMC, EMI requirements, in order to support a Hardware or System release decision. Furthermore this role will support other HW quality assurance activities in order to secure the right quality of HW component.
- Support component owners in ensuring that proper EMC requirements are raised on components through:
- Reviewing of component Technical Regulation (TR), and associated standards and legislations.
- Participation in the maintenance of Volvo standards, processes and methods within the domain of HW & Environmental verification when needed.
- Evaluate verification need within projects through:
- Creating Component Test Requirement Analysis document based on the component TR.
- Participation in Design reviews, risk analysis, FMEAs, etc.
- Follow-up of TRA update from supplier.
- Based on verification need:
- Review suppliers test setups, test descriptions, test reports
- Plan, perform and execute internal EMI, EMC testing and write defect reports.
- Write test reports
- Analyze suppliers and internal test results and give the recommendation for release decision.
- Actively participate in the work of developing new test methods and procedures through competence area teams.
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment and proposal of purchasing new equipment/tools.
- Participate in programming test equipment used for HW and Environmental testing.
- Continuously develop an understanding for the trucks electrical system and the environment in which the components shall operate in.
- Continuously develop an understanding of the usage of the product as an end customer.
- BE/B.Tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 6-8 years of experience in EMI/EMC verification.
- General knowledge of product development process followed for electrical/electronic hardware.
- Good knowledge on common verification / validation processes.
- Experience from the EMC field and in performing EMC testing.
- Knowledge of international EMC standards and legislations.
- Basic skill in using test and verification measuring and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of the physical, electrical and/or EMC environment of the commercial vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of the process for following up supplier’s development.
- Basic knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design is a merit.
- Good Communication skills.
For more information please contact:
Priya Kulkarni, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.