Logistics Purchasing Regional Buyer
Volvo Group Australia currently has a very rare opportunity for an experienced Logistics Purchasing Regional Buyer to join our renowned Group Trucks Operations Logistics Purchasing team in Australia. This role will report to the Logistics Director APAC, and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of global sourcing strategies and projects, systems and processes in the Region. You will drive operational efficiency at a regional level and be the purchasing interface with Volvo Group partners and suppliers in the Region. Therefore, to be successful, you must have strong communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to liaise with a varied level or stakeholders.
About the Role:
- Manage assigned tenders within the region, including RFI's and RFQ's analysis, calculation, evaluation, suppliers meetings, negotiations and contracts issues.
- Responsible for local and regional purchasing for assigned commodities and geographical area.
- Represent Logistics Purchasing in regional site meetings.
- Be the first purchasing point of contact for assigned contracts and running business.
- Work with global systems and processes in the region.
- Drive purchasing efficiency in the region.
- Lead continuous improvements and contract management during contract validity.
- Deliver agreed and committed objectives for the region.
- Manage the commercial relationship with specified suppliers.
- Promote and monitor the application of the required ethics and standards of integrity.
- Regional business intelligence, continuously follow up, consider and share knowledge about the evolution of costs and trends within the transportation and logistics sector with particular focus within the regions.
- Identify potential new suppliers and develop innovative logistics solutions in the region.
- Collaborate with the commodity buyers to develop and implement the global commodity sourcing strategy within the region.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Logistics.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Show a real talent for cultural integration.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of stakeholders.
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Second language used in the region would be highly regarded.
- Broad generalist profile with cross-functional background would be valuable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional markets, transport and logistics innovations.
- Understanding of transport and commercial vehicles industries.
- General purchasing knowledge in all modes of transport and logistics.
- Proactive, reactive and flexible mindset.
- Result oriented.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Above statutory superannuation payments.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of retailers.
- Supportive and friendly team culture focused on quality and service.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- A dedicated health and wellbeing program.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance and Dental.
- Workplace Giving Program.
- Free parking.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.