Chief Service Designer
Are you passionate about design and ready to re-imagine the future? Do you want to work at the forefront of the transportation industry to create new services and value for demanding customers? If so, Volvo Trucks is the place to be.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo Trucks is a premium truck manufacturer with a global presence producing trucks and services for demanding customers. We are human centric in our approach to delivering customer value, and our core values are Quality, Safety and Environmental Care.
The Volvo Trucks design team is located in Gothenburg, Sweden. As part of the Volvo Group we collaborate with colleagues around the globe. We are passionate about translating business requirements into meaningful and desirable commercial solutions. We constantly strive for innovation and efficiency through creativity and collaboration.
The Chief Service Designer role leads the work to map user cases and identify critical touch points where new interaction solutions are packaged under a service platform that supports (or creates) sustainable business models for Volvo Trucks. The primary focus is on off-board applications, delivering services and business frameworks, or facilitating service design exploratory activities, through design thinking workshops, qualitative research, and customer journey mapping. You will lead and motivate Service Designers, UX Designers and Front End Developers working on Volvo Trucks products, in line with the Brand’s strategies, in cutting edge areas such as electromobility, automation and connectivity.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 3+ years’ documented experience in hands-on Service Design development
- 5+ years’ documented experience in business or design related creative environments (experience from automotive industry is a merit)
- Degree in Service Design, or related design or behavioral science discipline
- Ability to plan, structure, and facilitate professional level design thinking workshops for designers and non-designers
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Invision and Flinto
- Proficient in Agile (SAFE) methodologies and Scrum
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Team leadership experience
- Understanding of social and human behavior future needs
- Understanding of Brand design strategies
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Peer relationships and Network building
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Integrity and trust
- Standing alone
- Learning on the fly
In this position you will report to the Design Director Volvo Trucks, and be located in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will also be part of Volvo Group Product Design.
If you are ready for the next step in your development and recognize yourself in this description, we look forward to receiving your application.
All applications must contain a CV and Portfolio (should not exceed 15MB).
If you have questions, please contact:
Rikard Orell, Design Director Volvo Trucks, +46 31 3222022
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.