The Commodity Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his/her segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross-functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Business Acumen
- Technology knowledge
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
- Legal Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Experience in Automotive and/or commercial truck Purchasing
- Positive attitude and target oriented approach
- Strong team player and the ability to take initiatives
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently based on ongoing activities
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.