Transport Controller - VECV Site
Summary of the Job
- Receiving, Analyzing, Processing and documenting information accurately
- Evaluating Information to determine and ensure compliance standards
- Customers closest partner by providing them excellent Logistics Service Solutions
- Coordinate with GTO approved Logistics Service Providers to ensure prioritized and timely arrival, loading, and departure of freight to destination.
- Receipt of pre-arrival notification files from LSP & Forwarders/ coordination with LC for delivery slots
- Liaising with LSP the confirmed delivery slots in reply to pre-arrival notification file
- Compilation of pre-arrival notification file and onwards reporting to the customer
- Receipt of deviation reporting from LSP (standard format)
- Escalation process of deviation reporting to Material controllers
- Deviation follow-up
- Co-coordinating PTA bookings and follow-up internally and towards LSP (International and Domestic)
- Customer enquiry handling
- Recommend shipment consolidation options to ensure efficiency and cost savings.
- Proactively work with transportation and shipping teams to identify shipments at risk of not meeting delivery expectations based on mode, service level, miles, and equipment type.
- Work with transportation service providers on shipment / Claim recoveries as needed.
- Responsibility for monthly KPI analysis and follow-up with LSP
- Report, monitor and analyze carrier performance to ensure compliance with service metrics.
- Utilize computer systems and software to track shipments.
- Import & Export Operations – Be responsible for co-ordination with Liners, CHA’s, Oversea offices & Customers for lining up Sea Freight and Air Freight movements. Close co-ordination with Customer (Internal & External) for their day to day requirements. Monitoring end to end activities (transportation, custom clearance, freight, delivery)
- Coordination with shipping companies, forwarders, and other people who may have connection relative to any incoming shipment in order to ensure that proper documentation is being prepared on time to avoid delay in releasing of cargo within the customs authorities
- Responsible in liaising with customs offices and other government entities to ensure that all corresponding requirement for the speedy release of cargo has been complied and in proper order
- Responsible in the release and delivery of commodities and shipments from the port to the customer/consignee's warehouse facility.
- Customs Compliance Manager
- Yard Controller
- Logistics Purchasing
- Logistics Development
- Group Companies
- Accounting and Company Control
- Logistics Optimization Team
- Systems & Data Maintenance Team
- Logistics Service Providers
- Material Suppliers
ReportingThis position reports to the VECV Site Manager.
Location: Pithampur (Indore)
- University/college graduated.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Foreign Trade & Transport Logistics with ability to handle problem resolution in timely manner
- Fluent in English & Good Communication Skills
- LSP performance analysis
- High on Integrity and Strong Ethics
- Priority Setting
- Proficient in Interpersonal skills & strong in customer service relationship
- Self-motivated & Innovative
- Ability to plan and achieve demanding targets and to motivate self and others to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Computer skills using Microsoft office programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Learning on the fly
- Analytical, Dynamic & Proactive
- High Integrity & Strong Ethics
- Continuous improvement mindset
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.