System Analyst - Volvo Group Connected Solutions
As you can imagine, keeping track of 900 000 connected assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for a System Analyst (a technically skilled Business Analyst) within the Supporting Services function. You are the bridge between customers/stakeholders and the development team, capturing requirements to explain WHAT is needed and WHY. Requirement breakdown is the central part of your daily work, and being product oriented we want to be seen as a partner more than just someone who delivers according to a provided specification. As a System Analyst you play a key role, knowing the current system behavior, capturing business needs and recommending new functionality in the system.
You are structured, self-going and obviously have analytical skills - and you are strong in communication. As this is one of the leader roles in the team you must care for empowerment, inspiration and a “can do” attitude in the agile team. You are expected to plan most of your work activities yourself aligned with the team delivery roadmap.
Keeping a constructive and cooperative relation with stakeholders and with other development teams is the basis for your work, which includes these responsibilities:
- Lead requirement breakdown in an Agile manner, from ideas and one-liners to crisp User Stories with unambiguous acceptance criteria
- Identify the functions needed in our system domain – a part of our connected services platform
- Identify non-functional requirements like performance and supportability demands
- Drive assessment work resulting in time and cost estimates
- Support the development team through the development and verification steps
- And last, but not least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you have:
- A university degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- Documented experience as Business or System Analyst working with requirement management in an agile manner. Alternatively, you have a solid background as Test Manager (in an agile context) and has a clear ambition to advance in the requirement management area
- Experience from the automotive industry and preferably connectivity/telematics
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is also preferable (then it will be much easier to pick up “korridorssnack”)
The position is based at Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, Sweden.
You will work with us in a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technologies like IoT, autonomous driving, electromobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily. Welcome to the heart of connectivity!
For more information please contact Ulf Jacobson-Wahlberg, Manager Supporting Services GOT, +46 765 535403 or Lina Gerlam, HR Business Partner, +46 73 9028201 (n.b. due to Summer vacation period our availability will be very limited until mid August. Expect no interviews before last application date.)
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.